Dr Xiaojiu Zhu was invited as the only Chinese speaker besides the Ambassador Liu to speak on behalf of the fellow Chinese.
I'm most grateful to be invited to this commemorative reception and honored to speak on behalf of my fellow Chinese.
Why are we marking the 70th anniversary of the two victories and why now?
The WWI started in 1914 and ended four years later. WWII broke out in just over some 20 years and lasted for 6 years, it involved vast majority of the world's nations and was the most widespread war in history resulting in an estimated 50-85 million deaths, half of them are Chinese.
The war against Japanese invasion started two years before the WWII and ended on the same day. The Chinese people suffered the longest but played a major role in ending both wars. Japanese people as we know them are polite, gentle and courteous. However, the Japanese army was ferocious. in 1937 at Nanjing they killed and buried alive over 300,000 soldiers and civilians, including 20 thousand rape cases, created the world's most shocking Nanjing Massacre. It is not only the huge number of death, but the way they killed our Chinese people, which are beyond believe.
Roll out the red carpet! Tier 1 Investor Visas.
In the last few years, the UK Government has introduced the Tier 1 (Investor) visa which effectively rolls out the red carpet for foreign investors. This visa offers significant incentives for high net worth individuals looking to settle in the UK.
- The Tier 1 (Investor) category is for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment in the UK.
- Under this route you will not need to show that you have any English language ability.
- You will not need to show any maintenance (funds) because if you have the required investment funds you will be able to support yourself in the UK without needing help from public funds. You will not be able to claim most state benefits.
- You will have to register with the police if this is required by paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules, depending on your nationality.
- You will not be able to take employment as a Doctor or Dentist in training, except in defined circumstances. You will not be able to take employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).
- Your dependants may be able to join you.
- You will be able to apply for settlement in the UK through this route.